Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Revisiting. Halfway through my year.

1. Make a collage
Check-a-rooney! I'm a collage-ing fool! I made one on Thursday night that I just love, love. I am in the process of another more complicated one.

2. Write letters
I suck

3. Park my car once a week. Take public transportation or ride my bike to work.
I suck

4. Surprise someone with exactly what they want.
I didn't have anything in mind when I put this on the list but I do now and I don't know whether it will happen before my next bithday but, oh man, I hope so.

5. Make out at the drive in movie.
This will have to go on next year's list because the drive-in is closed for the season and won't reopen until after my birthday. Unless I can sneak in and make out anyway...movie or not.

6. Watch 5 classic movies.
I have watched WAY more than 5. I'm addicted. It's almost all I watch now.

7. Switch to re-usable bags for grocery buying.
Check-most of the time

8. Take Olivia skiing.
Olivia is signed up for "private" lessons with 3 girls from her class at TCS for 4 Saturdays in February.

9. Go on a weekend trip with my best friend...like we used to.
Hmmm. I think I still want to.

10. Go on a weekend trip with just my kids and I.
Check!

11. Go on a weekend trip alone.
So need to do this. I'm such a sissy.

12. Remember to floss every day.
Check-ish. Way better than I used to be.

13. Call my oldest brother.
Hmmm. Not yet.

14. Keep in better touch with my sister.
I suck.

15. Unsubscribe to all that crap that floods my inbox.
Check. Also an ongoing process.

16. Take my kids rollerskating with my dad.
Not yet.

17. Go paperless as much as possible at home and work.
I suck

18. Go without eating at a restaurant or fast food for a month.
Check-ish. I want to do it again.

19. Get a front porch. However it has to happen.
Sigh.

20. Spend at least 4 nights of this summer with my backpack only.
UGH! I was going to be so good at this one! Move it to next year's list.

21. Get out of the city limits once a month all year.
Doing pretty well. It will be hard to keep this up in the winter but I definitely need to.

22. Eat more green stuff. Encourage my family to.
Getting better at having more variety in our meals.

23. Write in a journal 2 times a week.
Pretty good. What qualifies as "writing" is pretty broad but I am putting pen to paper and getting thoughts and ideas out there.

24. Don't flinch.
Not yet.

25. Say what I want.
Working hard on figuring out what it is that I want. I am saying it as I figure it out. That's good.

26. Read more non-fiction.
Doing pretty well. I've been reading for work. I just checked out "Children's Healthy Sexuality Development" (something like that) from the teacher library.

27. Figure out that whole map and compass crap.
Not yet.

No comments: