Friday, April 18, 2008

Number 3

Yesterday we rode the bus to school!

To quote Olivia,"Lisa, guess how I got to school today?! The City Bus!!!!"

They loved it! We spent a blissful 1/2 hour looking out the window at people and trucks and landmarks we recognized. When we switched buses downtown we stood up against a building and soaked up some sunshine while the bus driver took his 2 minute break. The bus comes right to our corner (They loved sitting on the bus stop bench), we switched downtown and took it a few more blocks to the Co-Op (which is only a block away from school).
I was not looking forward to this little adventure but I am pleasantly surprised at how...well...pleasant it was.
We plan on doing it once or twice a week for the next few weeks that school is in.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Taking the bus is awesome! Granted Eugene has the best public transportation system in the west, but still. Great job teaching your kids about it too! I'm impressed.

Pam O. said...

I heard all the stories of the great bus ride. You know I'll be roped into that one soon.I wish I could get such a charge from a bus ride. Maybe when I'm older they can take me.HeeHee. They probably won't want to because I will talk to strangers and smell like cabbage.