Just to put it out there I wanted to share my weight loss goal and plan.
I want to lose 10-12 pounds over the next 8 weeks. That's about 2 pounds per week, which I feel is realistic. Here's how I'm going to do it:
* Stop eating after 7:30
* Have only 1 glass of wine
* Walk/jog for 50 minutes 5 days/week. (At 5 miles/hr that's about 420+ calories burned 5 days/week=2100 calories a week) I also hope to work up to 7 miles/hour for 30 of those 50 minutes.
* Drink 4 liters of water every day
* Rock climbing class with Olivia on Saturdays.
* Long walk/hike with Stella and swimming with the kids on Sundays.
* Try to keep my calorie intake at about 1,500 a day by eating regular meals at home and healthy snacking.
I think I can do it!
The reason that I'm not making any drastic changes in my eating habits is because I know that is always my downfall when dieting. When I think about food all day, I just want to eat all day. I also know that it is better to make small changes a little bit at a time for long term weight loss.
Anyone else want to share their plan?
Do you have a plan?
You should make one if you don't.
I found a couple of good resources for calculating how much water you should drink and how many calories are burned while walking.
Other cool calculators here