Actually I never went to the store. I still haven't.
I'm still making PB&J sandwiches for lunch!
I got really sick on Thursday and I am just now feeling better! I can't remember the last time I was sick for more than a day and a half. My throat hurt so bad on Sunday night I was actually in tears! And I'm not really a sissy...come on, I've had children.
So here's what is going on...
1. Jamie and Olivia start school on Tuesday. It's going to be really nice to have a little time to myself even if it is just a couple hours.
2. I am ready for summer to be over. I'm ready for cooler days. Dark at 7 so that you can reasonably convince the kids that 7:30 isn't too early for bed.
3. My little brother turns 25 on Saturday and he and his wife are moving to Rexburg! I will miss them but I think it will be nice for Kels to be close to her mom and family.
4. I just "discovered" this cool thing (it's not new) called paperbackswap.com I'm super excited about it because I have a lot of books and most of them I never read again. There are a few favorites that I like to keep around and I always keep non-fiction books but the majority of my books just take up space. So you go online and post all the books you have available. I had 30 without even trying. Then people request your book, you mail it to them (media mail is about $2.14) and you get a credit to choose a book from someone else. Easy cheesy and free! Your only cost is postage and since it's media mail, it's pretty inexpensive.
5. I made 3 gorgeous (if I do say so myself) sets of cards for the mayor's silent auction and I am proud to say that I used a TON of scraps and I made them in about 2 hours using simple sketches. So proud of myself...I never use scraps and I rarely make cards.
6. Olivia wanted a metal "lunch pail" (her words) for the new school year so we went on the hunt for one last week. I didn't want a cheesy princess one so Jimmy suggested that we go to The Record Exchange. I remembered them having a lot of metal lunch boxes a while back so I gave it a shot. So we got there and the lady said that they were phasing them out because people weren't buying them very much so they only had 3. One was a cute vintage cowgirl one (my pick) and the other two were Kurt Cobain and The Sex Pistols. Hmmm. Olivia wanted the Sex Pistols one because it was pink. I pointed out to her that it also had skulls and snakes on it and maybe we should keep looking. I barely talked her out of it and later we found a Dora (lame) lunch box but she keeps saying "I really wanted that pink one" and you know what I kept thinking? "I should have gotten you that pink one. I'm a sissy."
I think that's about it! Stay on the edge of your seats for my refrigerator after picture. I know you can't wait!