Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Tonight I spent about 4 hours helping a friend clean his house for his walk-through before closing. It was hard but a lot of fun and a little closure for me. I didn't really need closure but it was there for the taking.
This friend...I have known him for 10 years, five of which we were dating or engaged. 1 of those years I lived in this house we were cleaning.
It was really interesting to reflect back on the person I was back then and the person I am now.
So, a little list in honor of my trip down memory lane

THEN
  • No children or desire to have children
  • Totally self absorbed
  • Complete slob
  • Sure I would marry him and live happily ever after
  • Worked 50+ hours a week
  • Seriously worried about my appearance and what other people thought of me
  • 120 pounds and thought I was fat!

NOW

  • 2 children
  • Who can be self absorbed when you have 2 children and a husband??
  • Slobbier than I'd like to be but no where NEAR how I was then!!
  • Definitely did not marry him but I did get married and both of us know our lives are better now than they ever would have been together
  • I work 100+ hours a week all from the comfort of my home and all without pay! :-)
  • Not worried enough about my appearance and I have abandoned even a fleeting thought of what anyone else thinks
  • 140 pounds and would KILL to look as smokin' hot as I did then! (and I know in 10 years I will think, "man, I would kill to look as smokin hot as I did ten years ago)

No comments: